Instrumentation cables are used in data processing and process control for the petroleum and petrol chemical industries. They have low line attenuations and low mutual capacitances, enabling long transmission distances with fast pulse accelerations.
One type of cable that we use in instrumentation cable. These cables can be used for maximum efficiency due to their roundabout screening and insulation. They operate satisfactorily in specific industries.
Instrumentation Cables are the important parts of any electrical system. These cables convey low-energy electrical signals, and they can be used to monitor or control anything in the system.
Instrumentation cables can be used in medical devices, gas turbines, water treatment plants, or any other system that needs external feedback or help.
These cables are used in diverse applications because they’re able to transmit any type of data with greater efficiency than older cables. They can be found in industries such as oil and gas, petrochemicals, offshore oil rigs, and cement factories.
Standards of use: fixed installation for instrumentation, communication, control, and alarm systems in EX (Zone 0, 1 & 2) or safe areas.
Fire-resistant cabling that won’t cause a fire on board ships and offshore units. The cable is Halogen-free, mud resistant and flame retardant, so it is safe to use for emergency systems as well as any effectively screened instrumentation cable solution. Other highlights include:
- ARC FLASH CLOTHING, KITS & PROTECTION
- EARTHING & LIGHTNING PROTECTION
- PLUGS & SOCKETS – INDUSTRIAL & HAZARDOUS AREAS
- STREET LIGHTING EQUIPMENT
- CABLE TRANSITS
- DUCT SEALS & SEALING
- UNDERGROUND CABLE DETECTION & LOCATION
- CABLE DUCT Emtelle Polypipe
- CABLE FAULT LOCATION & CABLE TESTING
- FLEXICON FLEXIBLE CONDUITS
- HEAT SHRINK TOOLS
Instrumentation Cables: Collective Screened Instrumentation Approvals Function
- Conductor and MUD resistance -The standard cables have been created for those living or working in areas exposed to mud and drilling fluids. The new enhanced MUD resistant type is also available, which meets the mud resistance requirements for these environments.
- Pair/Triple/Quad twisting – The twisted wire is identified through a direct print number. Tinned copper wire is weaved together and then wrapped in polyester tape. These cables are each color-coded to form a pair, triple, or quad. Additionally, they are individually labeled with the number printed directly on the wire.
- Inner covering – they come with plastic-based insulation to protect cables and prevent incidents.
- Tape over the inner covering – the outer part that lies over the inner surface is made of rubberized polyamide tape for maximum insulation.
- Armor/screen – you can ensure that you and your workplace stay safe with this galvanized steel wire braid.
- Outer sheath -The outer sheath is made of a flame-resistant, halogen-free thermoset compound.
- Outer sheath color – color codings are different based on utility and strength.
Check out the available models below.
Draka offers various Instrumentation cables, depending on the customer and the reference standards.
Our cable center conductors range from 18 to 24 AWG, with strands of 32 to 36 AWG. all our instrumentation cables can help with the transmission process for measurement or process control applications. The whole shield stops most of the outside electrical interference.
Okonite type P-OS (Pair/Triad – Overall Shield) instrumentation cables are designed for a run as ITC non-classified or labeled circuits up to 150 volts and five amps, and in Class 2 or 3 Power-Limited circuits where shielding against external interference is required, but shielding against interference among groups is not required.
These cables can be used in areas including cable trays and raceways, supported by a messenger wire, indoors or outdoors in wet or dry locations with conductor operating temperatures up to 105°C. The cables are also suitable for use as Power-Limited fire protective signaling cables (FPL) per NEC Code 760.
1) 300 Volts – ITC/PLTC, Non-Armored , Single Pairs / Triads
2) 300 Volts – ITC/PLTC, Non-Armored , Multiple Pairs / Triads
3) Armored, Single Pairs / Triads
4) Armored , Multiple Pairs / Triads
5) 600 Volts – TC, TC-ER, CIC, MC-HL, Non-Armored, Single Pairs / Triads
6) 600 Volts – TC, TC-ER, CIC, MC-HL, Non-Armored, Multiple Pairs / Triads
7) Dual Rated 300/600 Volts-ITC-HL, PLTC, MC-HL, Armored, Single Pairs / Triads
8) Dual Rated 300/600 Volts-ITC-HL, PLTC, MC-HL, Armored, Multiple Pairs / Triads
9) Thermocouple Extension Cable – ITC/ PLTC , Non-Armored, Single Pairs
10) Thermocouple Extension Cable – ITC/ PLTC , Non-Armored, Multiple Pairs
11) Okobus Cable – ITC – ER / PLTC, Non – Armored, Single Pairs
12) Okobus Cable – ITC – ER / PLTC, Non – Armored, Multiple Pairs
13) Okotherm CIC Cable – MC-HL, TC-ER, Armored, Single Pairs / Triads
14) Okotherm CIC Cable – MC-HL, TC-ER, Armored, Multiple Pairs / Triads
Discover our chemical-free bird repellent with the latest laser technology with zero environmental impact. Discover more here.
Buy on qualified step stools, aluminum work platforms, and adjustable platform ladder products for residential, industrial, or construction work.
Whether for drawing attention to different zones with marking flags, or national flags, McMaster-Carr offers a wide range of flags for different purposes. Check out all our flag categories here.
Our matting products provide complete exterior and interior surface carpets. They offer thorough protection from mud, dirt, snow, and more. Shop Floor Liners here.
Place an Order
Cables used in instrumentation are able to transmit signals with low attenuation rates, enabling them to be used in process control. Get in touch with our field experts at RAAH International for more information about our instrumentation cables and how you can use them for maximum safety and efficiency. Then, place an order today and take advantage of our discounted prices on bulk purchases.